Hours: 7a-4p, 40 hours/week
Terms: 12 months, potential to be extended or direct
The Engineering Systems Support team provides support to customers’ technical calls on advanced software issues. This team will also provide a 1st point of contact by troubleshooting, supporting, and training to employees who utilize our CAD/PLM Systems, as well as provide support for the Defense IT none-CAD/PLM Systems. As a member of this team, the Technical Support Specialist will provide a direct line for users to work with end-users to address Information Technology systems, client-side, and server problems and requests impacting end-user productivity.
- Responsible for resolving moderately complex problems experienced by end-users working with the CAD/PLM systems.
- Tests computer hardware and software to fulfill requests.
- Provides timely resolution of moderately complex problems or escalations on behalf of the end user.
- Provide cases status updates to management and end users.
- Evaluate requests for new software solutions.
- Monitor, gather, and provide recommendations for issues regarding system and technical support functions that affect application diagnostics, quality, tooling, computer communication, etc.
- Document management for Best Practices and Training.
- Facilitate user training
- Coordinate application management activities.
Minimum Experience / Education / Qualifications:
- Associate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in Information Technology, Engineering, or related experience.
- Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
- Customer focused with ability to promptly answer support related email, phone calls, and other electronic communications.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skill with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills, able to multi-task and prioritize competing requirements and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where requirements are constantly changing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Relevant industry recognized certifications (Certified Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) – IT Infrastructure, Certified ITIL Foundation, etc.)
- Experience working with Outlook, video and audio conferencing (WebEx)
- One (1) or more years of prior experience with Service Desk and Engineering Change Notices
- Creo/Windchill, CATIA