Hours: M-F, 40 hours/week
Terms: 6 months
Support cross-functional teams in identifying and documenting existing Engineering data management activities and requirements across the Department. This includes working with all groups contributing to or using Engineering data and documentation. You will work with lean practices to architect and implement Engineering Systems, Bill of Material data management practices and standards.
- Develop, document, and administer Bill of Material management practices and standards that focus on lean manufacturing and continuous improvement
- Execute Engineering Change Notices to incorporate design changes into production.
- Support Customers, Engineering, and Information Technology organizations including identifying and documenting Business Unit and Customer Engineering Systems Bill of Material data management issues and requirements
- Support approved Engineering Systems projects, monitoring and reporting data management status. Control data management practices and standards with approved change control methods and executive approval
- Ensure alignment between Bill of Materials in the companies production environment and the Bill of Materials as reported and approved by our Government customer.
- Serve as a role model for courteous conduct, effective communication, and organized practices
Minimum Experience / Education / Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in from an accredited college or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of engineering data management experience (BOM, Change Notice, Drawing Revision Control, etc.) in a manufacturing setting.
- Basic understanding of Product Data Management (PDM) or Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems such as SmarTeam and Windchill.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software such as JD Edwards.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, communication, and documentation skills
- Automotive engineering data management experience and lean manufacturing training and skills