Hours: M-F, 8a-5p
Terms: 12 months, potential to be extended or direct
- Complete Change Notice (CN) forms and communicate CN requests to CN coordinator for all Engineers.
- Monitor, communicate, and facilitate progress with Program Management and affected team members on CNs throughout the CN life cycle.
- Support Development Validation Builds (DV) by performing the following tasks:
- Generate Purchase Requisitions for Engineering parts
- Manage part storage. Receiving parts into storage.
- Coordinating part usage for builds with Manufacturing, Engineering and other functional teams (Sales, Marketing, etc).
- Managing an orderly inventory.
- Ensure old parts are dispositioned properly (rework, scrap, use, etc)
- Communicate parts status to team.
- Serve as liaison between Engineering and other functional groups.
- Create and maintain spreadsheet/documents for:
- Early parts tracking which will eventually be uploaded for starting the PFEP spreadsheet (PMO, ISC).
- Tracking Quotes (ISC). Tracking prototype drawings and CAD files sent to suppliers (ISC).
- Coordinating activities between Engineering and Manufacturing (e.g. early sub assembly reviews, torque evaluations, etc).
- Manage Engineering Capital and Expense tracking for program budget reconciliation.
- Become familiar with power system modules and electrical vehicle controls and safety features.
- Assist in the development of laboratory test plans and analyze test data.
- Provide guidance and support for engineering vehicle prototype builds.
- Update electrical purchased part engineering drawings and standards.
Minimum Experience / Education / Qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology and at least 2 years work experience in an engineering environment is required.
- Strong desire to learn new skills in an engineering discipline.
- Previous experience working as a member of a product development team.
- Competency in Microsoft products including, Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be tenacious with quality and customer service orientation.
- Basic experience with 3D-CAD applications such as PTC Creo/ProE is a plus (but is not required).