Shift: 1st (6:30a-2:30p) OR 2nd (4p-12:30a)
Contract Term: 12 month; open ended, long term
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Review and answer request for inspection orders (RFI) responses from PDC’s and processing centers
· Create Field Wires in responses to RFI’s
· Contact Suppliers on issues relating to nonconforming material
· Provide input for Problem Report Resolution (PRR) for supplier issues
· Apply order writing control on suspect stock
· Interface with SPO and Product Engineering to resolve part issues
· Participate in damage reduction initiatives
· Knowledge in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint – Intermediate level
· Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication tool – Intermediate level
· Good interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally
· Good written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations
· Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills
· Partners with senior management to analyze and solve issues
· Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
· Ability to drive quality initiatives with plant management opposition
· Strong automotive knowledge
· Position related experience – 5 years
· Relevant auto industry experience required – 3-5 years
· Areas of expertise include: Project Management, Quality Assurance
• Exercises independent judgment in managing complex and ambiguous tasks with minimal input from supervisor.
• Demonstrated ability to attain results, while balancing technical solutions with business imperatives.
• Solid analytical/problem solving skills with capability to identify solutions to unusual and complex problems.
• Must excel at problem solving – root cause, containment, robust long term solutions.
• Understanding of lean concepts.
• Thorough understanding and capacity to effectively operate in all areas of the plant production process.
• Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to lead diverse/cross-functional teams as well as mentor, motivate and elicit work output from peers and other team members.
• Effective communicator with solid oral and written presentation skills.
• Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Familiar with 7-diamond process.
• Good understanding of SPC.
• Parts Release familiarity.
• Familiar with pulling prints, reading drawings, Gage Strategies.
• Supplier audit experience.
• Knowledge of PPAP requirements.
• Certified Quality Engineer.
1. What are the top 3 Skill Sets this candidate must have?
a. Strong problem solving skill set
b. Project Management
c. Engineering Quality experience
2. What type of personality performs best within your team, given the overall environment, and workplace dynamic (energetic, heads down, process driven, etc)?
a. An energetic personality that is outgoing and can be a team player
3. What are you looking for in a person/candidate as you begin your search?
a. Engineering Degree (Electrical/Mechanical preferred)
b. Supplier audit experience
c. Interpersonal skills ability to lead diverse/cross-functional teams
4. What does a typical day entail?
a. Manage daily requests for support solving issues and utilize Red X Tools and problem methods to root cause. Develop quick containments with robust long term solutions to different problems. Present the Assembly Plant and Engineering Staff with clear problem definition and technical guidance on complex problems. Support Launch of new products in the plant. Manage Supplier Quality problems as they arise and work with issues using the PRR/SPPS process to document and resolve.