Pay Rate: $35 – $40/hr
Hours: 8a-5p, M-F
Terms: 12 months, open ended; potential to be extended or direct
The Usability Engineer/UX Researcher is responsible for planning, preparation, execution, analysis, documentation and reporting results of User Research in a variety of vehicle infotainment domains. Collecting Voice of the Customer data is vital to the design of our new products, and the Usability Engineer plays a key role to ensure that the Human Factors needs of our customers will be met.
- Work with internal customers to understand human factors / usability research goals and objectives.
- Develop clinic protocols that achieve the goals and objectives of the internal customers
- Support in the development of clinic properties that realistically represent the system(s) under evaluation (prototyping – e.g., Axure, HTML, Android/iOS, etc.)
- Moderate clinics and train others in the collection of clinic data
- Analyze the results of the clinic with statistical and non-statistical methods
- Generate reports that clearly represent the voice of the customer and answers the stated goals and objectives
- Share results of clinic data with your customer as well as various upper management forums
- Translate the customer requirements into functional requirements
- Follow up with project requestor to drive results into the product, as well as support, modify or create new Best Practices
- Research and benchmark competition
- Participate in the Global Usability team meetings weekly
- Continue learning in the Human Factors and Usability fields and share the knowledge within the global team
Minimum Experience / Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors Engineering, Usability Engineering, Psychology or related discipline.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Proficient in multiple user research methodologies (heuristic evaluation, expert reviews; usability testing; contextual inquiry; surveys; card sorting and information architecture; focus groups; benchmarking).
- Keen ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives through use of user research methods.
- Must be an effective communicator (personable). Will be interacting with many teams and leading user based clinics.