As an Industrial Designer with NDX Staffing you will be responsible to conceptualize design of vehicle, with photorealistic renderings and animations. The team collaborates with engineering on vehicle development to maintain the styling and branding intent for the best customer value.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIES
1. Design with minimal supervision new or modified motor vehicle concepts or components that reflect Corporation as an industry leader in vehicle design. Continue to progress industrial design strategy for each of our brand portfolios: Corporate, Defense, and Airport Products serving our defense, access, construction customers.
2. Execute assignments that will include but not limited to a range of new vehicle concepts, facia facelift upgrades, component upgrades, up-fit vehicle designs, and graphics/branding. Industrial Designers will use exceptional design intuition to develop and enforce brand recognition.
3. Communicate vehicle designs artistically through 2D sketches, 3D modeling, and 3D photorealistic renderings or animations.
4. Work with a project team of engineers and technical modelers to efficiently achieve designs that satisfy all customer requirements.
5. Employ exceptional 3D rendering skills to communicate vehicle designs to marketing and management.
6. Ability to manage and execute multiple projects yielding high-quality results while in a fast-paced work environment.
7. Support and maintain assets for 3D libraries containing models, materials, studios, etc.
8. Maintain effective communication with internal and external customers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Transportation Design or Automotive Design
• 3-plus years related work experience
• Acute awareness of current and future automotive and transportation design trends
• Proficiency in 2D sketching to convey design concepts (analog and digital)
• Working knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator or SketchbookPro
• Proficiency with 3D modeling and rendering (Alias, Rhinoceros, Maya, Keyshot, VRED)
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes to ensure that conceptual designs can be built efficiently
• Experience with rapid prototyping and physical modeling
• Excellent 3D visualization skills