Pay Rate: $20 – $25/hr
Hours: M-F, 6a-2:30p
Terms: 9 months
The Associate Technician will support senior test technicians in testing vehicles and parts/components, performing configuration changes and repairs of vehicles and test stands, and following appropriate engineering procedures, standards, and specifications. This role will also assist in the fabrication and assembly of vehicles and related systems/sub-systems. The objective is to validate new product designs as part of new product development as well as resolve issues on sustaining products. The Associate Technician is expected to provide exemplary support to the customers of our client and Test and Development.
- Assist in the collaboration between engineers and technicians in testing of prototypes and current products.
- Obtain knowledge of vehicle systems (electrical, pneumatic, hydraulics) in order to conduct tests and record data, troubleshoot systems, and perform configuration changes with other technicians.
- Assemble and/or disassemble complex parts, mechanical structures and test stands (troubleshoot issues)
- Maintain a safe work environment, adhering to all safety procedures during all aspects of job performance which includes regular exposure to personal and physical hazards.
- Responsible for operating heavy equipment/machinery or drive vehicles as required for the purposes of testing or material handling.
- Communicate effectively with others to understand and execute on given directions and instructions.
- Participate in new phase pilot builds
- Work with engineers on process development
- Perform assembly and rework tasks within the manufacturing process
- Perform quality inspections and repair confirmations
Minimum Experience / Education / Qualifications:
- Technical Diploma
- Ability to understand automotive and mechanical terms.
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or a Telehandler and AWP operator license.
- J1939 Network Experience
- Capable of working effectively within a team setting, while maintaining professionalism.
- Demonstrate effective decision-making abilities
- Technical Diploma with Apprenticeship experience.
- ASE Certification(s), Electrical schematic reading, multi-meter understanding